In particular it addresses;
– The type of information we collect.
– How we collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information.
– How you can access and correct your personal information.
– What to do if you have a complaint and
– Disclosure of your information to others.
This policy has been designed with careful reference to the Australian Privacy Principles (January 2014) and Australian Privacy Laws, as applicable to our organisation.
The Type of Information Collected
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us; the following types of personal information may be collected.
– Identification information: Name, postal or email address and telephone numbers, job title etc.;
– Credit information (from customers seeking Credit terms with Imagetec): Details relating to credit history, credit capacity, and eligibility for credit and other required relevant information.
– Product & Service information: Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or that you have enquired about; including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services or to respond to your enquiries.
– Other information: Additional information relating to you that has been provided to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or other means.
How we collect and store personal information
Personal Information will usually be collected directly from you. For this reason, it is important that you keep your contact details up-to-date, unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Information may also be collected when you complete details on our forms, call us, use our website, drop into one of our branches or are visited by our Sales agents.
Sometimes we collect your Personal Information from third parties such as dealers or credit agencies.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may hold your information in either electronic or hardcopy form.
All personal information is destroyed or de–identified when no longer needed.
Purposes for collecting information
Personal information is collected so that we can provide the best possible quality of customer service. It enables us to perform our business activities and functions effectively and efficiently.
This means we can use your information to:
– provide you with information about products and services;
– consider your request for products and services, including your eligibility;
– process applications and provide you with products and services; and
– administer products and services which includes;
- responding to your requests and complaints,
- varying products and services and
- taking any required legal action in relation to our accounts.
Consequences if we cannot collect personal information
If you do not provide the personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
Disclosure of personal information by us
We may share your Personal Information within Imagetec. This could depend on the product or service you have applied for..
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties outside of Imagetec, including:
– Organisations involved in our sales and support network.
– Organisations involved in our business processing functions.
– Professional advisors.
– Marketing agencies who assist us to communicate with you
– Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business related purposes
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to;
– third party organisations if we determine that it is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any law, rule, regulation, binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator or in co–operation with any governmental authority
- protect any person from death or serious bodily injury
- protect our rights
- Other third party organisation expressly authorised by you (ie. where you have given your consent.).
We may use or disclose your personal information to inform you about our products and services or promotions that might be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive any further marketing material from us, kindly contact the privacy officer whose details are outlined below under ‘Contact details’
Accessing and correcting personal information
Whilst we have processes in place to make sure your personal information is accurate and up-to-date, we welcome your requests to access and/or correct information we hold about you.
Contact the Privacy Officer if there are any issues with the Personal Information or Credit Information we hold about you and we will endeavour to correct it as soon as possible.
The Privacy Officer
Phone: 02 9978 6000
Post: Imagetec Solutions, P.O.BOX 127, NORTH RYDE, NSW 1670
We do not disclose personal information to third parties outside of Australia.
As our websites are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information communicated online and in particular cannot guarantee that the information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
This includes changes that may be required as a result of future amendments to the Privacy Act or related laws or regulations.